Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why does billing have to be a hassle every month?

Every month now it seems to be the same old same old. Dealing w/ Charter Communications, trying to figure out what should be a straight forward statement.

I saw an advertisement on the internet a month or so before we moved from Charlotte to Carolina Beach. "$69.99/mo - High Speed Internet, Basic Cable, and Unlimited Digital Phone." Sounded like quite the deal, you could end up paying $69.99/mo for just High Speed internet w/ some companies.

So I set it up, online, scheduled an Install date, talked to a very polite Indian woman to verify my information. It was a breeze, so much easier than all the Bullshit Time Warner puts you through in Charlotte, with my half an hour waits to talk to customer service, or technical support.

Wow was I wrong. I haven't had anything go right, they didn't even have record that I had set up an installation, and right now, as I write this post I am sitting on 1 full hour of conversation w/ billing reps online. As I lose more hair.

I did this last month, I dont like getting a bill which states I have previous balances. Previous Balances indicate to me that I didn't pay something.. and I know that is not accurate. I paid for modems, I paid for installation, I had shit waived, all I want is a bill that says $69.99/mo + taxes and other BS connect fees and line usage BS = $85.67, not 80someodd dollars + 54.71 we pulled out of our asses = 400/mo + 10% due at signing, with an ARM and a fixed odds that we will just cut off your services in August regardless and charge you a 40 reconnect fee for each of your three services. "Thank you for calling charter, you are a valued customer."

1 hour and 20 minutes I will never get back, couldn't make it to the aquarium b/c of this BS. I am not just going to pay a bill, past due, previous balance, balance forward, blah blah blah blah, either show me what I'm paying for or accept the payments I send you.. option A or option B.

Essentially what I am trying to say here kids, is that if you set up w/ Charter a couple of things are going to happen. 1) Your internet will probably not connect for up to a week as Charter doesn't want to buy more IP addresses. 2) Your package (well not YOUR package) but the Charter package you chose may be low priced, but you will still have $30-$60 installation fees associated w/ each service. 3) You will be told, if you do not understand their complicated and rediculous statements that a service interruption could occur at any time.

The internet is quick, the cable comes in clearish, the phone is a phone is a phone.

I am so aggravated if I wasn't working tonight I'd be drinking this afternoon.

Peace and Chicken Grease.

2 comments:

SCMirman said...

As a side note, an addition to this post.. total time spend online w/ a total of 3 different reps, 2hrs 10 minutes. For 50 damn some-odd dollars.. I should've just paid the damn bill.. damn.

Tzaadi said...

SC, I lament your having to deal with cable packages. Personally I have two cable services in the house: basic cable and Internet. I've had my VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone with Vonage for four years and no one can get me to change. It always works and it's slightly cheaper than cable phone.

I have to admit that my cable co., Insight, has pretty good customer service. But eventually I'll move to satellite for TV, using cable for Internet connectivity only. Since I autopay these types of bills, I don't see having three media vendor as a drawback