Sunday, November 9, 2008

So since I was right before.. lets make some picks...

So I know that some people are surprised by this new Obama presidency. At this point I'm thinking someone needs to update the world of spell-check because as I write this Obama has a dotted red line underneath. Anyway, I called it in 2004. Saw him speak at the DNC that year and said to myself, "Wow, why isn't he running for president?" Eventually, luck would have it, I would have my druthers. So I figured I'd make a few predictions, here is how I see the futures of The Pittsburgh Steelers, The Carolina Panthers, The Charlotte Bobcats, and The Penn State University Nittany Lions Football Team.

Lets start with my beloved Stillers, who are sitting at 6-2 after a week 6 bye. Coming off of a great win against the Skins on monday and facing the Colts at home today. I say we win today 31 - 17, propelling us to 7-2 and setting up 3 possible back to back to back home wins. Beating also the Chargers (week 11 @ PIT), and Bengals (week 12 @ PIT) at home, then hitting the road to lose to the Patriots (week 13), come home to beat-down a beat-up Cowboys (week 14) team. This is where it gets hairy, we will lose one of our last three games, probably to Baltimore (week 15), and then (whether or not anyone else has all season) beating Tennessee (week 16) and Cleveland (week 17 @ PIT) to end the season, but as I said it could be any of those three teams that hand us a loss, but mark my words we will not lose more than 1 of those final 3. Finishing the season at 12-4.

The "mighty" Carolina Panthers, just as the Steelers above, will also make the post-season. I placed my Panthers in quotes because I still don't buy the fact that they haven't just been lucky in half their games, but a win is a win is a win, and if you get enough of them you make it far. We take on the, never as scary as their fans, Oakland Raiders today, victorious! Panthers currently sit at 6-2 and look primed to (thats right I'm saying it here) win their next 6 games in a row bang-bang-bang-bang-bang-bang. Not too much to ask for knowing the next 6 games are set as Oakland, Detroit, Atlanta, Green Bay, Tampa Bay (Monday night game at home, will be close, but a Panthers victory), and Denver. However, (yes every silver lining has a touch of gray) we will lose our last two games which are both away first loss to the New York football Giants, and second and final regular season game will be a loss to the 'Aints of New Orleans. But, as I've put it here 12-4, do you see a theme developing?

Nittany Lions. I cannot believe you lost to Iowa, although it was your only difficult opponent, you will not lose again, you will beat Indiana and Michigan State pretty handily and go on to beat whomever the BCS chooses as your opponent in whatever Bowl Game you get placed into. One loss isn't that bad, maybe now Joe Pa can retire with pride, but still watch all the games from the press box and still be revered as a football god.

Bobcats. Well, lets say its just a touch too early for me to call this. They could still pull it out and make the playoffs, they NEED to make the playoffs, they have a new coach, but I just cannot call it, its like saying that Sox are going to win the Series next year, you just can't say. As MSNBC would say the Bobcats are too early to call.

So thats what I think, looks solid, as for the post-season results, stay tuned.

No comments: